11.29.2011 § Leave a comment
the other day i was walking and thought of the word regive. it’s re-give, but pronounced like revive with a ‘g’. i survive on retailing goods, but my favorite gift is always giving creatively- or as i call regive. my coworker asked what was the best pen to gift, mont blanc? ball or fountain? platinum or gold? and i looked at him like wtf and he said, “ask josh! he would know!” so we email him and he a replies my fav is 3g roller ball, wikipedia said mont blanc pioneered with the fountain, i prefer platinum over gold, got 2 2nd opinions and we all agreed that mont blanc=pen & cartier=watch. i replied saying i preferred the iphone pen-watch and then asked him if he expected a gift like this from me? thankfully he said no, and i tell him i am going to get him the momofuku milk cook book, and he tells me, “i already bought it for you!” in love lili
11.14.2011 § 2 Comments
11.04.2011 § 2 Comments
My garden in Hawaii is going strong. I made a delicious goat cheese stuffed squash blossom salad with the blossoms and manoa lettuce from the garden…delicious! The green squash, eggplant and bok choy are coming in nicely and I hope to pick them in the next few weeks. Will post more pics when the veggies are ready for picking and eating! xo Gardening Guava
10.13.2011 § Leave a comment
10.08.2011 § Leave a comment
10. lucky we live hawaii-this statement doesn’t encompass the blessed feeling i have being born and raised on the best place on earth.
9. living a s-treme lifestyle. surfing, swimming, shelling, sunning, shaka-ing, and showering outdoors at the beach.
8. working with my sister at kaneohe market and everyone telling me i look real tan!!!!
7. having an alfresco lunch and cocktails at outrigger canoe club with long time friends.
6. eating spam musubi with lilikoi passion juice all day everyday, and truly believing its the best thing i ever tasted.
5. walking with my dogs in the mountains for hours while rediscovering the island and remembering what matters in life.
4. being inspired by simplicity, humility and the hawaiian lifestyle.
3. gardening. its effortless when you are in paradise.
2. cruising with my parents in sunset hills and black point pool to show them why i am working in nyc.
1. if you make it here, you don’t need to go anywhere.
xoxo lilikoi is loved